Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The goofball turns 3

This is the post when I show you what exactly can happen in 3 very short, very hectic, very crazy, very wonderful years.
In 3 years...Sam-O Whammo went from this floppy little baby....
To this crazy little boy....
We always knew he was a goof-ball.  But he seems to become more of a goof-ball everyday.  We don't blame him...he comes by it honestly....it's the name.  Sam.  Every Sam I have met since my Sam was born is a self-proclaimed goof-ball.  They affirm my curiosities with a pride. 
Me:  "So you're name is Sam too?  Are you an easy going, goof-ball like my Sam?" Random person named Sam: *big grin* "Yeh...I am."
Everyone needs a Sam in their life.
So...my tiny goofball turned 3 this month.  And I'll say it again...I've said it before...I have NO idea where the time goes.  Seriously...it flies out. the. window.  I look at him at night--every night--asleep in his bed...all stretched out...and I wonder when exactly his legs got so long.
This year we celebrated long 3 year old legs with a ridiculous amount of Spiderman themed items.  Spiderman socks. Spiderman bubbles.  Spiderman shoes.  Spiderman clothes.  Spiderman figurines in various sizes.  Like I said...Ri-di-cu-lous.
Oh and a green light saber...you know, for variety.
We did deviate from the Spiderman mania with the "toy" in the below picture.
Little plastic dirt-movers and beans.
You laugh...but seriously, the child loves it.  He can sit for 20+ minutes pushing those beans around, making dirt-mover noises that only boys know how to make. 20+ minutes in 3 year old time is an eternity... 

Disclaimer for photo below: My sister is a cake decorator.  She makes jaw-dropping cakes.  Here's her site.  I think I missed that gene...or maybe she got all of the "cake decorator" gene that was available....whatever.  And then she had the GALL to up and move 8 hours away.  So here I am...with these kids that keep having birthdays and no one to make them a cake except me.  I made the cake below...and stuck a Spiderman on the top of it with some red sprinkles.  Do I get an A for the effort?...
(It did taste AMAZING if I do say so myself!  I can cook a mean cake...just can't decorate it...)
and Emily...stop laughing...

Sam enjoyed the red sprinkles.  Even going so far as to pick them directly off the top of the cake when there were no more left on the slice on his plate.
It's nice to have a child that appreciates your food.  I feel like I spend the majority of my days convincing the kids that carrots and green veges are in fact not poison.
(Can't get the picture turned.  Oiy)
And in this picture above, you see Sam throwing "fireballs"...his superpower.  Yes, it's new.  I know you're jealous.  I am.  I wish I could throw fireballs.  It comes in very handy when your mama sends you to time out....
Again...unable to turn this pic in blogger's photo editor.  But seriously...I love this boy...love love love him.  Goofball.

And then this series of pictures below melts my heart.  I give you "Earl and Sam"...am I a blessed woman or am I a blessed woman!?!?!



Sam got a Spiderman toy from our friend Kristy for his birthday.  You push a button in the middle of his chest and he says phrases like "My spidey sense is tingling"...Who thinks of this stuff anyway??  Are there freaky toy makers in dark backrooms somewhere chuckling to themselves and thinking "Oh the parents will really get a kick outta this one"... (And by the way....Thanks Kristy...I'll be handing that one back when baby P goes through the Spiderman phase.  It's not a question of "if"...it's "when *insert evil laugh here*)nKay...so this Spiderman (and his tingling spidey sense) comes with suction cup webs.  I told the kids if they stuck one suction cup to their head and the other suction cup to someone elses head, they could hear each others thoughts.  They totally bought it...Bwhahahahhaha!!!  OH how I love messing with their little minds.

Happy Birthday my little goofball. 
Mama loves you...mama loves you...mama loves you.

2 comments:

Emily P said...

I am laughing OUT LOUD!!!! This is a classic post and I love love love the cake! I am sure it was delicious! A baker you certainly are! Sam's smile is as contagious as all get out.... he is so precious. Our SamO.... how did he get so big? I love you!

Margaret said...

The "my spidey sense is tingling" thing is from the old, old Spiderman song. Possibly from a very old Spiderman show or comic? You know me. I'm more likely to remember a song than anything else, but it's older than us. Nothing cooked up by a toy manufacturer to make you scratch your head. :)