Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Where to begin?

I've been slacking in the blog dept lately...Spring seems to make life "roll" faster, and I can't seem to find time to update the blog (and I know you've been waiting with baited breath--hee hee)...Life is a circus here. Grace and Sam seem to change every second of the day. Grace says things waaay beyond her years and Sam says things, well, in order to get food...he's pretty quiet unless there is sustanance involved. Here are some of his words at one year of age:

Harry (our dog and Sam's first word...I think he learned this because Harry is his constant companion. Esp at the highchair. Harry sits patiently waiting for food to fall--and it usually does--while I scream "Harry...LEAVE IT!! HARRY OUT!!")
Dada (he says this in a sweet and endearing way...like Daddy is his own personal superhero)
Sissy (again, very sweetly...he thinks Grace is LOTS of fun)
MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA (he normally squeals this at me in a loud and demanding sort of tone...it is usually related to food, or lack of food...I am NOT a superhero, I am a food source...often this is accompanied by his pulling at my shirt searching for his much loved "ninny")
Bite? (this is always a question...Like "Where in the heck is a bite of food WOMAN?")
Mmmmmmmm (as in "mmmmmm, this is the BEST food I've ever eaten")
More (sounds like "mo...Mo...MO!!!!" and goes hand in hand with beating on the highchair tray for more FOOD...right now...if I don't get it, I will surely waste away!!!)
Bye-bye (normally used when he is ready to LEAVE his current situation in search of food--i.e. the grocery store cart or car seat--and he wants to leave now!!! Sounds something like "byebyebyebye, mama, byebyebye...MAMA!!! BYE BYE!!!)

That's about the extent of it...did I mention the child likes to eat?? :) Today for breakfast he had 1/2 a banana, 1 egg, and THREE pancakes...

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wowie, Kathryn, that baby boy looks SO MUCH like you!! I have a hungry toddler too, so your post about all his food-related communication made me laugh.

Jennifer said...

Oh yay...look at us stalking each other! this is fun...shouldn't i be doing something else now though??