Friday, June 26, 2009

Saturday Oct. 17th 2009

...does that date MEAN anything to ya?? Yeh, it's okay...it shouldn't...It DOES however mean something to me...It the date of the Kansas City marathon. I'm running the half. 13 miles...yup...gonna do it. Just. Gonna. Do. It. This will be my third half marathon. I told my husband about my plans. He jumped on the band wagon. Then he convinced most of the people he works with to run it too...come on, folks...the people he works with are MACHINES...they can do REAL push-ups...REAL...not the kind with your knees on the floor. So I called my sister. She runs the same pace as me (however I think she can do a real push-up...my hero)...Slow. Somewhere between walking and running. So now she's thinking of running it too...Here's hoping. Last time we ran a half together we sang hymns. Well, only the first few LINES of hymns...we didn't have enough blood going to our brains to help us remember the rest of the songs...people thought we were some of the "happiest runners on the course"...we weren't HAPPY...we were DELIRIOUS....Come on Em, don't let me down because the last I'll see of my husband on that Saturday morning in October is his back...running past me...fast...let's hope he waves. He better wave.

1 comment:

granolachic said...

OMG...i am running this with MY BROTHER who lives in KC!!!!!! well...liberty...but none the less...i so need to talk to em about this! we haven't registered yet but have started training for it!!!!! i am now ridiculously excited!