Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Very quickly...before my children realize I'm blogging. (Blogging seems to illicit the same response as talking on the phone...the kids completely ignore you until the phone rings and the receiver is held to your ear...OR...the laptop is opened and the children hear the "click click click" of my typing fingers on the keyboard. Like right now for example, I just started typing and Grace is screaming from the bathroom "MOM! Come wipe my bootie"...sheesh)

There are many posts in my head and many more pictures to go along with those posts to describe to you the fun we had over Christmas...but before I get started...I'm posting these pictures to prove to you that adults were in fact present and accounted for during 5 days of complete and joyous chaos...


Em and Mike. In pajamas...because that is how we spent most of our days...with a cup of coffee, still in our PJ's. Well, Mike and Earl drank other beverages as well...and played a whole lotta Xbox.


We ate a lot too. Here is a picture of Grandpa Trumpet putting ketchup on his eggs. Please forgive him for this culinary fo paux...he's from Nowata. He cain't hep hisself...


And then there's Earl. Sweet, sweet Earl. I believe his is taking a break from the Xbox. Or maybe he is going crazy (short trip...lemme tell ya). Perhaps both...yes, definately both.



These two...Oh my...what a pair. GrandTone and Aunt Emily. They knitted most of the time they were here. I'm not sure that they actually finished anything. But then, that's not really the point now is it? They were able to teach Bailey Rose to knit and they convinced me to pick up a pair of knitting needles again (I learned to knit in college). So we can count that as progress. And you can tell this picture was taken on a different day than the one of Emily and Mike above...Emily is in a different pair of PJ's.


And me? Well...there aren't a lot of pictures of me. But here I am doing something I did a lot of over the Christmas holidays....cooking. I love to cook...love to have a houseful of people I love.
We had a great Christmas. I have LOTS of pics to post of the kids...but I wanted to post these pictures first, to give you proof that there was "adult supervision"!!! If you can really call it that...

2 comments:

Toni said...

Well, I WOULD ask that you put a Decent picture of me, but then, WHERE would you actually Get one?! I love the pics of our boyz....And you are just beautiful. Em even looks cute in her pjs!
xoxoxo Momma

Emily P said...

yeah.... sure Momma. Kat, I will send you a picture of me in which I don't look like a recovering alcholic that has just washed up on shore..... the other pics are super cute and we really did have a great time.