Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today

Today my daughter started 1st grade.
 How quickly these 6 1/2 years have gone.
 I walked her to the doors of the school and into her classroom.  She told me she didn't need me to walk with her this year.  That she knew the way.  What she doesn't know is that I needed her to walk with me.  One is never prepared for these moments in motherhood.
 She wears a size 2 tennis shoe.  When did her feet get so big?
She rolled her eyes when leaned down to kiss her goodbye.  Where did she learn that?
 She assured me that "yes Mom I can open my fruit cup at lunchtime...all. by. myself."
 She is my challenge.  My exuberant one.  Full of fire and life and passion.
 Earl and I have learned to mostly just watch.  She has so much to teach us.  She makes us laugh and cry and scream and wonder "Are we raising her right?"....Whatever "right" is...
 Today my daughter started 1st grade. 
Simply unbelievable.

No comments: