Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I have decided...

...that I am going to listen more and say less. So if you find me on the quiet side of life, this is why. God is revealing Himself to me in many ways. He is calling to me in the quiet places of my heart, and I feel it is only reasonable to still myself before Him in order that I might hear His call on my life more clearly. I have a servant's heart--did you KNOW that?--I sure as heck didn't and it is baffling to me. Never in my life have I felt the pull to give more of myself and take less from others. And I'm not talking about serving my family--I've done that for years, that's easy. No, I'm talking about the urge to SHOW people--perfect strangers--the God of all creation, to show them the unending, glorious joy of God...God is revealing Himself to others THROUGH me....Wow. Above all things God wants us to KNOW and BELIEVE in Him. That is His heart's desire...the rest that follows is simply gravy. I hear Him whispering to me "Make me known so that they might believe"...and you can only hear a whisper if you stop talking and start listening.

1 comment:

Toni said...

I am glad of your realization of the Servant's Heart. I knew you had it....just didn't know How to let you know. You've always been such a "shy" child (me, too, really--except that I Never cared what other people thought about me), and I was concerned that it would limit you in your enjoyment of Life. A bit of stubborness came in to play as well....(dont know WHAT parent that came from!). You have always had your Daddy's "caution," and in most cases that would be labeled Wisdom and Maturity...So, USE the caution still to work With your Servanthood (in other words, don't be Stoopid), and spread your arms out to the World!!! I'm believing the next decade for you will be Most revealing and quite exciting.
Be a Labrador Retriever..."a stranger is just a friend I haven't met before!"

I love you, my dear....One of the wonderful benefits of being a parent is seeing your charges blossom and bloom so beautifully.
xoxoo Mommma