Friday, November 14, 2008

This is what happens when you're the baby brother and your big sister has an extensive imagination...

There is a plastic bucket that holds our wooden blocks. The Parents as Teachers educator that comes to our house 4 times a year to "enhance" my children's education told me that if I were to have only ONE toy in the house, blocks should be that toy. Appropriate for ALL ages, hours of fun and imaginative play...so I pulled out the blocks, sat the children in the floor together, and slipped off down the hall to throw a load of laundry in the washing machine....all the while never realizing the plastic container fit nicely over Sam's head. Big sister realized this "fun" fact however and made short work of accessorizing her baby brother. I left the room for 5 MINUTES when I heard Grace giggle and Sam whimper...here is what I found upon my return.
He was very worried about the WHOLE situation and not entirely sure if he trusted me to safely remove the plastic bucket from his head. Grace was laughing throughout the ordeal and squealing with delight that Sam was, in fact, a "spaceman"...
It was a bit tricky to remove and I sorta panicked for a few minutes. I tried to pull the bucket up and off--it would NOT budge...I wiggled it a little, moved it forward and backward but still nothing....Grace thought my efforts to free her brother were simply hilarious and she danced and twirled around while I planned his escape, so I sent her off to time out while I very carefully released Sam of his "spaceman helmet"
Turns out "spacemen" don't suck on binkys because if they did they would not be able to remove their helmets. Took Momma a bit of manipulating to figure out this very handy fact. Here is our little "spaceman" free of his plastic bucket helmet and once again smiling...confident in his mommy's powers to do any and all task placed before her. And yes, there is a new rule when playing with the blocks: "Don't put the plastic bucket on baby brother's head"

5 comments:

Toni said...

Well, I, for one, don't think that Grace shoulda been sent to time out....What a Great way to take care of your baby brother! Send him off into Space!!! Gah, he's a cute kid!
xoxoxo GrandTone

Emily P said...

Well, so far this is my FAVORITE post! Your life is stinkin hilarious!!!! That Boy is more than I can take and well, that Girl is one after my own heart. Grace, keep dancing and singing and twirling- I will do the same down south and at Christmas we will have a recital! I love you all! Oh my word, I am still laughing!

Stephanie said...

this is totally funny. Sounds like something my selah would do to my zoe.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

OMG! That is soooo stinking hilarious! Hmmmm...quite the imagination they have! I am truly LOL!

Kasey said...

I love this!!! that last picture is priceless. Emily is right. Your life is hilarious!! never a dull moment. would you call me sometime?? I don't have your number.