Monday, July 13, 2009

Ummmmm....






.....yeh, how much watermelon is TOO much watermelon?? Can a baby "overdose" on watermelon? Do I need to be alarmed?? Sam ate. his. weight. in watermelon tonight. I finally had to tell him it was "all gone" and pry his wet, sticky hands from the bowl. My mom sez there are two types of people "those who like watermelon, and those who don't"...she also sez that a watermelon lover should not marry ANOTHER watermelon lover or vice versus--a watermelon hater should not marry another watermelon hater. Nope. The two should be "equally yoked"--a watermelon lover should marry a watermelon hater...(I'm not really sure WHY but she also sez to marry as man who loves his momma and who loves cats...but that's a whole 'nother story) After his initial "watermelon experience" I can say with absolute certainty that Sam is a watermelon LOVER...and seriously folks, I'm thinking too much of a good thing might make for a NASTY diaper...I dunno, Grace never really ate watermelon (she's a hater), so this is ALL new territory for me....I'll keep you updated :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

Well, three watermelon-LOVING kids later, I haven't yet discovered a limit to mow much watermelon a little one can devour. And ... surprisingly, I don't think we've ever had horrible repercussions in the next days's diapers either. My kids and I ate a whole watermelon the other day between lunch, snack and dinner.

Margaret said...

Ha! I've been doing that same thing! I'm on my third watermelon in the past couple of weeks. And ... Jon doesn't like it. Also he loves his mom and cats. Sounds like I hit all your mom's targets!

Tara said...

My girls can eat watermelon all day long if I let them. I don't get it. I'm not a fan of it, myself. (John loves it though!) I always expected nasty diapers, too, but haven't had that experience from watermelon. It's funny that the watermelon lovers seems to REALLY love the stuff.

Jennifer said...

OMG, Brogan too! Really, I think if I'd let her, she'd live off of it and eat one a day, but who am I to talk??? I'm right there with her!

Toni said...

SEEEE???? My theory rings very true!!! Very seldom have I seen watermelon lovers marry each other....

THINK how Convenient it would be if they DID marry....but then, perhaps there would not be enough watermelon in the world to go around, for there would be no "govenor" to stop the consuming were two of the WML (WaterMelonLovers) married to each other.....