Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We RAN OUT OF COFFEE. For 2 days. No coffee. That is absolutely ludicrous. Trust me, it will never happen again. And being married to a NON-coffee drinker (I know, I know...that's a whole 'nother post), I was the only person concerned about the lack of the delicious black drink that brings me to life every morning. I almost went next door and asked my neighbor for a cup, but she doesn't drink coffee either (WHAT? is wrong with these people?!). But last night after VBS, Grace and I stopped at the store and fixed the problem...Ahhhh , it's amazing how a few scoops of coffee grounds can transform a girl...

On a different note: I've started my training for the half marathon in October. I feel pretty good...slow as mud, but getting stronger with each run. I have started tracking my runs on mapmyrun.com! It is addictive!!! Dan and I got our Road ID's in the mail a few days ago...like I mentioned earlier, mine is pink!! LOVE it!! I also run with another form of "security"...just to be safe! Ya never know who is lurking in the shadows of your running route...soooo meet my running partner...Harry the dog....

He does great. His stride matches my stride. He keeps his nose up most of the run, with only the occasional *sniff* of a mailbox or trashcan. He is learning that I HATE it when he stops to pee and that I WILL NOT WAIT on him...nope Mommy just keeps one running, whether the dog is moving or not. He really is the ultimate running buddy, and is always thrilled to join me at 6am, with a doggy smile on his face. And the best part? He's my very own furry bodyguard on a braided leather leash.



1 comment:

Margaret said...

Aww. I love that ears-back "I love you" face. Big dogs are so good. :) And my gosh. TWO DAYS without coffee? That is a calamity on a grand scale. I'm glad you got through it okay!