Monday, August 10, 2009

Guess who we got to see??


Yup...somma the cutest kids I know...my niece and nephew, Bailey Rose and Isaac! Aren't they just darlin'?

They spent last week at their Grandma Sheila's house, which is conveniently located about 1 1/2 hours south of Kansas City. Soooo...on Thursday we met up with them at Deanna Rose Farmstead. A ROCKIN' place I would highly recommend to anyone coming up this way, whether you have kids or not! I didn't tell Grace WHO would be there...just that we were going to the "farm" to "feed the goats" (ewwww...don't worry, I brought lots of hand sanitzer) So when we walked up to the entrance and were greeted by her two sweet blond headed cousins, Grace was temporarily speechless (shocking...I know!). Then she said "Bailey Wose and Ikey??....BAILEY WOSE AND IKEY!!!" It was a moment I will not soon forget.

There was horseback riding (I am amazed I got this photo...I was secretly doing the "dance of joy"...you see LAST year when we went to the farm...Grace REFUSED to ride the horses. She said she would ride them "when she got bigger"--I guess she's "bigger" now) If you look in the background of the picture, you'll see Bailey riding a horse too!

There was fishing. Complete with BAITING YOUR HOOK WITH LIVE WORMS. Are you reading this people?? LIVE WORMS...LIVE WIGGLING WORMS. Nasty stuff. And don't you think for even one second that the CHILDREN baited their own hooks. Oh no no no...Mommy and Grandma Sheila got that glamorous job. Bailey caught three fish, Isaac caught two, Grace caught a stick (oh well, there's always NEXT year...ya know, when she's "bigger") I do hafta give Gma Sheila a little shout out though...she "unhooked" all the fish the kids caught and gently threw them back. I just couldn't do it...totally grossed me out. All that sliming and squiggling...gack...so a big thanks to Gma Sheila!

There was tractor racing...on very small, foot powered tractors....

There was petting of horses. Bailey Rose packed Sam around like a little momma. She is SO good with that boy. And he is SO happy to latch himself onto her hip. She shows him the COOLEST stuff...like big horses. Honestly, when I first spotted this little interaction between Bailey, Sam, and the big horse...I was a teeny bit terrified. But I took a step back, took a deep breath, took a picture, and when Bailey turned around, Sam had a huge "momma I petted a horse" grin on his face. Totally worth it...totally.

And of course, there was the feeding and petting of goats. HUNDREDS of goats. Don't worry...did I mention I brought LOTS of hand sanitizer? Yes lots...
What a fun day! I sure do love those two creepy blond headed kids! And I'm glad Grace is bigger...'cause riding horses with your cousins is FUN!

2 comments:

Emily P said...

Soooo sweet! Thanks for the pics! We like to say that Bailey "Wose" was born with her hip out! Just right for a baby to perch upon! They had a blast too and came home talking about seeing Gracie and SamO! Love you guys!

Margaret said...

What a wonderful adventure! I love it!