Friday, August 7, 2009

There comes a time in every little boy's life when he realizes he is separate from his mommy. I love and live with a little boy like this...his name is Sam-O...and at the ripe 'ol age of 16 months, he is discovering he can do more and more all. by. himself. He is defining who he is, he is learning about the world, he is climbing on and STANDING up on tables....

(All I could do was take a picture...it was perfectly hilarious. I believe children can be classified into the following groups. Climbers and non-climbers. Biters and non-biters. Grace never did such things...she was not a climber, she was also not a biter...her baby brother is both a climber AND a biter.)

But I digress...

This same little boy also falls down and scrapes his knee...see..

Such strong liddle boy legs...

Sam-O also discovering the "fun" parent in this house...and that parent is NOT me--nope Mommy is all business...that "fun" parent?? Yup...that's Daddy...He will wrap you up in a blanket and swing you around the living room until you are so dizzy you can't walk...


He will feed you bites of HIS cereal in the morning...just like a baby bird...

He doesn't even care that you eat most of the cereal...he knows where to get MORE cereal!


He can JUGGLE...and sing...at the same time...

Yes...Daddy is fun...being a liddle boy is fun...but being an annoying baby brother is SUPER fun!!! Sam-O wants to do EVERYTHING his big sister does. Of course that's just not possible...big sister is 4 1/2 and she is a total rock star (with a large dash of diva mixed in). She can write her name and get her own drink and snack, she can ride a bicycle. But he tries...he sure as heck tries...


Ahhh...yes...Sam-O is a big boy...he can eat with utensils...he helps me get him dressed in the morning, pushing his liddle arms through the armholes and trying his best to put his shoes on...he can climb up AND down the stairs...he can say "bird" and "ball", "balloon" and "bites", "dog" and "bye-bye"...he will eat ANYTHING you put in front of him...and he can run--FAST! He LOVES the Magna-Doodle, and Daddy swears he saw him draw a circle. Nothing much fazes the boy...he's pretty chill. He likes to dance (although white boy has NO moves)....he likes to get dirty and he totally digs the water. He nods his head "yes"...appropriately...so, for example "Sam, do you want to go outside?"--and he enthusiastically nods YES!!! Now if you ask him "Sam, do you want to take a nap?" He just looks at you...wide eyed. (He hasn't nodded "no" yet...which I think is a bit backwards, but whatever...) He is such a big boy! It happened so fast...so incredibly fast. And here's the big news...at a little over 16 months of age...he doesn't even want "ninny" anymore. That's right bloggy friends. I think I can call it...he's officially WEANED! I'm not sad (well, okay maybe a little)...we were both ready...yes, such a big boy indeed.

But...he still thinks his momma is pretty wonderful...and he gives the BEST hugs...silly boy, I love you...but stop growing so fast.

5 comments:

Emily P said...

Ohhhh, sweet baby SamO! I love you so good and I can't believe how big you are! I love your knees and I would be happy to share my cereal with you! You are the so funny! WHAT a face! I am soooo looking forward to seeing you at the end of the month! You are wonderful and we are glad you choose our crazy family!

Tara said...

So sweet!! Isn't it so funny how boys and girls are so different? I'm already learning that and my little guy just turned one. Those pics are absolutely adorable! LOVE the one with Grace and Sam in the chair together. Sam's little grin is precious! John & Danny sure are related. The girls love the blanket swing and the juggling, too. :)

Margaret said...

What WONDERFUL pictures!! It looks like so much fun at your house!!! And I just adore those chubby, play-abraded leggies.

Jennifer said...

He's a chunky monkey too! Ahhh, the same thing in my house. I always thought I'd be the "...wait til your dad gets home..." kinda mom but I'm quickly finding out that sometimes dad isn't home for a while so I'm handing out the punishments. Then it's allllll fun in games when daddy's home!

Kasey said...

Such cute and happy pictures!! its so funny, max was not a climber or a biter, corbin is. Funny how that works!! Cute kids.