Friday, September 25, 2009

Well folks....

the honeymoon is over...at preschool that is...yup, Grace showed her "true colors" on Tuesday (consequently the Cyndi Lauper song "True Colors" is my song to Grace...not because of the following preschool event, but because it is what a pray for her on a daily basis. Listen to the words...you'll get what I'm saying. In fact, I may--just for your listening pleasure--attempt to attach that song to a playlist and add it to my blog. Let's see how fast the coffee kicks in...)
ANYway...There is a special place in heaven for Ms. Shari, Grace's teacher. Apparently earlier this week Grace got frustrated with her "apple lacing" (a piece of construction paper cut to LOOK like an apple with holes punched all along the sides. The kids laced a piece of string through the holes. Guess it's good for hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills) So Grace began to wail that her lacing was "NOT good" and became increasingly upset at the task before her. Ah yes, Ms. Shari...you are earning jewels in your heavenly crown. She talked to Grace about patience, and about how in Pre-K you're a "big kid" and you have to practice patience. I later asked Grace if she understood what "patience" meant. She said "Yes, it means to wait and not cry"... The apple lacing was sent home in order that we might "practice patience" (I almost asked Ms. Shari if she included an EXTRA apple lacing for me, if I too might cultivate patience by lacing a piece of yarn through holes in construction paper....) Yes, folks...the honeymoon is over...
true colors
and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid
to let them show...

your true colors
are beautiful
like a rainbow

1 comment:

Kristy C said...

Well, I figured out how to find out what is happening in your life...read your blog :)
I am glad to hear you and Grace are practicing patience by lacing apples. I love that girl!