Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I have much to blog about...

Wow...I took a look at my camera last night and realized I haven't downloaded pics in quite awhile. Which means I haven't blogged in quite awhile. Downloading makes me think of blogging...and boy howdy, do I have a lot to blog about. Grace is home sick from school today (a puking 4 1/2 year old is quite a site to behold...poor thing didn't really understand what her tiny body was doing) and the weather is kinda gross. No snow...just cold..yesterday I had the windows open, we even turned the A/C on. But today? Oh my...it's definitely November today. So it's perfect blogging conditions...and the coffee is hot and oh so good.
Where to begin? Well, we had family pictures taken by a rockstar photographer friend of ours. If ya'll don't have a friend that is a photographer...GIT one! She captured the spirit of our family in ways I've only imagined before, I think it was due in part to the fact that she knew us (Well and prolly also the fact that she is crazy talented!) Here's the link to her blog. There are a few "teasers" on there. She took over 60 photos...and I have the entire CD of them! So if you wanna see more...come on over and take a look, the coffee is--you guessed it--hot. Thanks Karyn! Below is a photo of Grace getting her hair hot rolled the morning before the photo session. I remember my mom doing this EXACT type of "torture" to me...I also remember crying that the rollers were "HOT and burning my ears, mama!!" just like Grace cried to me. Ah, the memories we make for our children.


Do ya'll know that Grace is my songbird?? She is. She sings all. the. time. About everything. She sings her way through Wal-mart. Belting out tunes at the top of her teeny tiny lungs. People stop in the aisles...they grin at me...they grin at her. Lemme tell ya, this kid can spread some joy when she sets her mind to it...other times she spreads other things, but let's focus on singing and joy...ya know, the good stuff. But really...she loves to sing. And she's pretty good at it. So I got her involved in a program at our church on Friday mornings called "Kids Praise". It's a group of 3 1/2-5 year old kiddos lead by two ladies from our church...the kids have met for the past 8 weeks and learned 4 songs about God's love. Then they preformed the songs at a nearby nursing home. It was big fun for the kids, and the residents in the Alzheimer's unit seemed to enjoy the presence of children. Here is a pic of Grace at dress rehearsal. I couldn't take pics of the actual performance or the residents or the nursing home. Something about privacy and HIPPA and blah, blah, blah. Just take my word on this one...there was some serious kid sized joy being spread around.


And lastly...baby brother. Oh baby brother. He is naughty. And when he is very naughty, he gets very quiet. One morning, I was in the back folding laundry and I realized I hadn't heard a peep out of the boy in at least 5 minutes. I'm sure that you're thinking "5 minutes? What can a kid do in 5 minutes?"...the answer?? A lot. I came into the living room to find him like this...


He found the cord to my camera. The one that connects it to the computer to download pics and also connects it to the TV to display pictures on the big screen. We have never connected the camera to the TV...heck, I have a hard enough time getting it connected to the computer! But Sam...oh Sam....he discovered that the cord does in fact fit perfectly in the video plug ins on the side of the TV. Which amazingly enough, is right where we would plug the cord in...that is, if we plugged it in.


And not only did he figure out where the cord was supposed to go...he actually got it plugged in correctly. I was so amazed at my little dude, that instead of immediate discipline measures for, you know, stealing my camera cord, climbing on a toy, and plugging random things into our TV...I grabbed my camera and took pictures to prove to Danny exactly what Sam was doing. He was so entranced in his task that he didn't notice me until I had snapped a few incriminating photos. Then he noticed me...and like he always does when he has done something naughty, he looked over his shoulder and said "Hi Mama"...BIG grin...."uh-oh"...Yes, Sam "uh-oh" indeed...this one is gonna give us a run for our money....
And...just so you can sleep peacefully tonight...we moved that toy Sam used to climb up on...but it really doesn't matter. He'll find something else to use to get him what he wants...like a stack of books, or pillows, or a dog...


So that's it...for now...there's more...there's always more. But I need more coffee...you know, while it's still hot.

OH...and no one ever told me how to draw a line through a word...can you help a girl out here people??

4 comments:

Karyn Hatch said...

Thanks for the sweet comments! Can I tell you how much I love reading your blog??? It's like I can hear your voice coming straight through my computer screen!

Anonymous said...

kathryn, those are beautiful pictures of your family. they really do capture all the love you all have!

Margaret said...

Awww. I remember you fussing about the hot rollers, too! And what a naughty yet clever little Baby Brother! I love it that you took pictures FIRST before doing something about it! :)

Tasha said...

My step dad actually burned my ear with the curler when I was 3, and I remember that! :) When I type up a blog post I have a button to push that puts a line through the word. You don't have that????