Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So...blogger tells me this is my 100th post...

I've been anticipating my "100th post"...I've seen others post about in on their blogs (I'm a blog stalker...I have a problem...don't. say. a. word.) I thought when I clicked on "new post" at the top of my screen to begin composing my 100th blog entry, something big would happen. A pop-up perhaps (I'd welcome a pop-up in this case), or perhaps big lettering that announced "Congratulations, this is your 100th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...but...alas...nothing. Absolutely nothing. In fact I wouldn't have known I was on my century post if I hadn't been keeping a close eye on my blog list. But, despite the underwhelming lack of fanfare, we're gonna celebrate! Are you ready?

I could celebrate by telling you that I had 10 1/4 inches cut off my hair...because that is a lot of hair and more than enough "life" material to type about in my celebratory 100th post. 10 1/4 inches I am donating to Locks of Love. I started consciously growing it out in February of this year. And let me just say...as pretty as long hair is, it is a royal pain to fix properly. I am rid of my ponytail and I couldn't be happier. This short do is freeing!!! I did this in honor of a dear friend and her daughter...both in heaven...both missed greatly. I rejoice in the day I get to see them again. But in the meantime, I can honor them with my hair...which as I found out, was a fantastic daily reminder of those loved and lost.


OR I could celebrate my 100th post by telling you that the linoleum in my kitchen is GONE!...that's right! This weekend, with the patient help of our parents, Danny and I installed a little under 180 square feet of Pergo laminate flooring. It. looks. beautiful. It is everything I dreamed it would be and more! And it was fairly easy to install, although my legs, hips, and back would tell a different story. So please, come over, sit at my kitchen table...I'll make you a warm cup of coffee (I got a new coffee pot...doesn't that entice you even more?) and let's enjoy the new flooring together.


These things above are wonderful...they're fun...but they're not how I'm going to celebrate my 100th blog entry. Nope. I'm going to celebrate by leaving you with this....
My two sweet goblins on Halloween...that's right...I'm going to leave you with a "teaser" of posts to come...a promise that this 100th post is certainly NOT my last.

*************************************
I gotta add a small prayer request...can I do that?? I hope ya'll don't mind...it's something very small and probably very insignificant to most of you, but...we can't find our cat. His name is Lance. He comes and goes, inside and outside, as he pleases. He usually comes home each night for food and snuggling. But we haven't seen him in about 3 days. Could you send up a few prayers for our cat? He's a great cat...and we really are starting to worry about him. Plus, one shouldn't go through these cold, snowy Missouri winters without a cat.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Your hair looks fabulous, your kitchen is amazing, your children are adorable, and I will pray for your cat!

Happy 100th post!

Karyn Hatch said...

Those floors give you a whole new kitchen! I love it! Poor Lance...we'll pray he comes home soon! :(

Tasha said...

Happy 100th post! Woo hoo! Now you gotta shoot for the 1,000th! Hee hee...congrats on the kitchen floor...I am officially jealous!

Your hair looks wonderful and sassy...and your kiddos are as cute as ever. :)

Poor Lance..here kitty kitty! Maybe put a can of tuna outside to entice him?

Emily P said...

Your hair is sooooo cute! Very elegant! It really compliments your nice long neck! Where is Lance!?!? I can't believe you can't find him! Do you need me to come up there and find him? Lemme know when you find him.