Wednesday, October 28, 2009

2 years ago

2 years ago yesterday...Oct. 27, 2007...we unloaded a moving van and started our life in a new home in a new city. It's not so new anymore. Over the past 2 years we have made it our own. Painted walls. Rearranged furniture. Burned through a couple of coffee pots. Grace has learned to ride a bicycle. Sam has "christened" the carpet...more than once. It feels like home most days...other days I wonder whose life I'm living exactly, I look around and wonder where the time went, and how it went so quickly. I moved here with a 2 1/2 year old...she is now 4 1/2 and quite an amazing little diva of a person. I had one child when we rolled our mini-van into the garage for the first time, one car seat in the back, one set of feet kicking the back of my seat. Now, there are two children...two car seats...two sets of liddle feet kicking the back of my seat. I didn't know a soul when I walked into a church on 96th and North Oak...now? Oh...now...I love walking into the lobby of MY church, smelling the rich smell of java, and seeing the faces of many smiling friends. I could blog all day about what has changed in two years...seriously, I could put you to sleep...but I won't...I'll just leave you with one more thing that has changed, grown, evolved....2 years ago, Earl and I set off an adventure together. Like Tom Petty says "into the great wide open...under the skies of blue" It was his idea to venture out like this. To change jobs. To change locations. To change our life. But I can honestly say, I'm really glad he had the idea. We've spent some (okay a lot) of time apart. We've learned to cherish the time together. We've been through the fire and come out stronger.

1 comment:

Emily P said...

You are so brave! I just wish that you had a move closer south so that we would be near each other. I love you and that crazy man that drags you all over the country. Can't wait til Christmas!