Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do you have a 5 year old?

Well I do. I've had a 5 year old for about 2 months now. And let me tell ya...life. is. nevah. dull. It's kinda like living with an old crazy woman stuck in a liddle teeny, tiny girl's body.

She wears LOTS of jewelry. LOTS. Like way more than the norm. I wear a necklace, a couple of rings, and some pearl stud earrings. My 5 year old wears a ring on every finger, 3+ necklaces, a bracelet on each wrist, as many stick-on earrings that will stay stuck on, and at least one shiny, "sparkle-ful" headband. And that's on a slow day. And then? Well then...she goes out and digs in the dirt and "rescues" worms (although I happen to think the worms are actually in need of being rescued from her)


She likes make-up. Especially bright colored, glittering make-up. And she slathers it on thick. So thick, in fact, that it takes a couple of days and many applications of Mary Kay eye makeup remover before it can actually be deemed "removed". Her favorite shades of eyeshadow include "Peacock blue" and "Bubblegum pink"...
So please...if you see her in Wal-mart, please comment on her beautiful make-up job and don't ask if I have been smacking her around. It's make-up people...just make-up.


She really is a trip to live with...and lately, I've just been soaking it up. I've been asking her questions, off the wall questions, just to see what her answers will be. Her favorite TV show is "Dancing with the Stars"...her favorite food is a peanut butter and jelly...her favorite color is pink...she wants to be a vet when she grows up...she's learning to share with her baby brother...she can appreciate good rock-n-roll music, and can memorize the tune and the words after listening to it once...and she loves her daddy. BOY HOWDY does she love her Daddy...she told me that he is the "fun" parent. That all I do is "drink coffee and knit"...which is not entirely untrue. I do drink a lot of coffee...but that is only so I can keep up with her. I happen to think that Daddy is her favorite because he doesn't enforce the rules like I do...he's kinda a push-over. :)


Yeh...I'd say, if you don't have a 5 year old in your life (he or she doesn't have to be biologically yours...or even live in your house)...you outta go out and find ya one.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I plan on having one in about three and a half years. I am looking forward to it, and all the stuff that comes in between!!

Toni said...

I have told yall and TOLD yall that this is my Very Favorite age! But, then, Grace is Wonderful not matter What her age. You are allowing her to live her life (with a few Important Restrictions so that we ALL will love her, too), and she is thriving.
And....btw....a 7-yr old Collie is pretty nice, too!

Ann Jud said...

I love reading your blogs. They make me laugh out loud. Thanks for reminding me what it was like to have a 5 year old. I don't think that Karyn was that animated.
This is Hatch's mom incase you didn't remember me.