Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Two videos...

Yesterday I looked up from the dinner dishes, and found Sam rocking his "baby"--a little stuffed cat GrandTone brought for him when she came to visit in May. It triggered a memory in my brain of Grace doing the same thing with a baby doll she loved at about the same age. I thought I would share both videos. It is amazing to me how early children learn the art of comforting. Sam is 26 months old in the video posted here, and Grace is about 20 months old in the video posted below this blog entry. (I couldn't figure out how to put both videos on the same post) Sam was singing to his "baby" before I pulled the camera out, but when he saw the camera he kinda got shy...Grace, as you will see, is much more exuberant about the singing/rocking part than her brother. But as we already know, she seems to do everything a bit more than the normal child.
(And please ignore my super sugary voice in Sam's video...I had no idea that's what I sounded like when I talked to him. And while it's a bit nauseating...you must understand...he's my "baby"...'nough said)

3 comments:

Tara said...

Those are so CUTE! And don't worry. I watched a video of my baby and realized I sounded just like you. I still don't know if I talk to him like that all the time or not. But who cares,really? They ARE our babies, after all.

Toni said...

Mmmmmmm...Delicious! He has certainly attached himself to that kitty....When you were gone and I was keeping them, he would put the kitty in various places. Once, when I asked him where it was, he said, "Roommmm....Mommy..." And sure enough, we went in to your bedroom, and there was the kitty beside your closet door. Wonder if he thought it was "safer" there in Mommy's room....Thanks for posting this, Kate-o....Thanks for being such a good Mommy, and for teaching my grandchildren how to show their love and affection.

Kristy C said...

That is amazing! I love how you thought of Grace doing the same thing...too wonderful. Keep blogging I love reading about your kiddos and life. You really have a talent my friend!