Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I thought I would try to play "catch up" on here...I had fantastic plans to post pictures of our summer outings and blog about all the fun we had. This is afterall, the "journal" of our family. But, honestly, the very idea of it wears. me. out. So here's what we're gonna do...I'm gonna just start here. And try to keep up. Wish me luck.

We went to the circus last Saturday. It was Earl's idea. He bought the tickets, he planned where we would eat dinner, he even drove the car (because frankly the parking garage freaks me out...big time). I love it when I don't have to be the "ringleader" (hardee-har-har!) of a family outing. Now the last time I remember going to the circus was as a child. And the only thing I recall from my one and only trip to the Big Top was that I was scared...I spent the entire show with my head buried in the crook of my Papa's arm. As a result of this experience, I am not a fan of clowns...so I haven't been all too eager to expose my sweet baby children to something that was so terrifying for me as a child. But Earl? Earl is the fun parent. We've discussed this before. And, as it turns out, a great "event" planner as well. Who knew!? We ate at the downtown grocery store for dinner. Doesn't sound too exciting does it? Well, let me tell ya...it was GREAT! The selection was ginormous! Everyone got to pick out exactly what they wanted to eat...I got sushi. Some very yummy sushi, I might add. The kids got a turkey sandwich (always a hit when you're 5). Earl got a turkey sandwich too...I guess it's a hit when you're 36 as well. Then we headed to the arena early to see the pre-show (read: clowns doing clown things).

Here ya go...a picture of a clown...doing clowny sorts of things...notice, he's standing on a skateboard while juggling. Pretty impressive. And not a bit scary. Sam absolutely loved this guy...He was so enthralled with the clown's juggling/skateboarding skills he couldn't close his mouth...shoulda taken a picture of that...hind-sight...20/20...


The circus was fun. It was over the top...it was big...it was loud...it was overstimulating. We had a blast. Earl insisted upon buy each kid a bag of cotton candy for $12 a piece. Yeh, you read that right...$12 a bag! Sure there was a cheap wizard hat that came with it...but $12?! Really? Whatever. We made a memory, right? And our kids like cotton candy now...unlike when we went to Disney on Ice, and they cried when we tried to them feed fluffy sugar. You can read about that here. (Oh and by the way...I think Earl must have some sort of positive childhood memory attached to cotton candy. He thinks it's the end-all-be-all...the stuff makes his eyes light up)

Sam's signature smile. He kinda looks like Jack Nicholson, doesn't he?


We had a fun. And I was cool with the clowns. They're generally harmless. But I still don't wanna get too close...

No comments: