Friday, January 7, 2011

A post about the new year.

Happy New Year.
I feel like I have been cleaning up vomit all year long.
But we're all better now.
Bleach works people. 
Believe in it.  Embrace the power of bleach.
Now onto my New Year's resolution....
It has absolutely nothing to do with a little boy in sparkly "2011" glasses.
He's just super cute that's all.
Okay...here goes...
This year I have resolved...
dun-dun-dun...
To stop biting my fingernails. 
Really.
I am a woman in my 30's and I bite my fingernails.
It is not something I am proud of.
It's just this nervous habit that stuck with me through childhood...into my teenage years...into college...and now, here I am, a self-proclaimed fingernail-biting adult.
I know...it's silly. Don't hate.
I'm so kicking the habit.
This year is gonna be the year.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I kmow how you feel. About vomit and bleach, that is. With Evie super sick, all the vomit and ER trips, I and the whole house smelled like bleach. On Monday, John's first day back to work, he came home and teased me for the bleach smell in the house. I couldn't smell it any more by then. But you're right... it works!

Oh, and good luck with your resolution! :)

Emily P said...

And after the first month of NO biting.... go get a manicure! I love you!

Toni said...

Kate, I remember that Em quit biting her nails so that Bailey Rose would....Ah, the motivation we have!!! Besides that, YOU have Mom Jasper fingers....NOT those stubby ones like I have....So, allow youself to embrace the Beauty of your precious hands. AND know that you will have a positive influence on your baby girl...xoxoxo