Friday, July 8, 2011

Grace got her ears pierced this past May.  I don't know if I mentioned this on here yet or not.  She did not cry.  Not one little tear.  She didn't even grimace.  I was absolutely shocked.  I figured my little diva would fall into a pile of tears and sobbing on the floor after the incident.  But nope, she smiled proudly, looked at her daddy, and said "What do you think?!"  
Well...Paw-paw got wind of the newly pierced ears and asked if he could buy her some diamond earrings.  (Side note:  Do you know that Earl is very good at choosing jewelry for me?  Well he is...apparently it is something he learned from his father.  So men...teach your sons well!  Their future wives will thank you someday.)  I told Paw-paw diamond earrings would be fine with me on one condition.  They must have screw-on-backs. 
So Paw-paw bought diamond earrings with screw-on-backs.  They are bigger than my diamond earrings...and I am 32 years old.  Isn't there some sort of law out there that says a 6 year old should not have bigger diamond earrings than her mother?
Grace was over-the-top excited about her new bling.  I really didn't expect such a reaction...but I suppose every female human has some sort of "diamond instinct" built into their DNA.  Grace knew exactly what these little sparkly rocks were.  To say she was thrilled is a large understatement.
 My little diva...rocking it out with diamond earrings...wow.  There's not a baby book out there that warns ya of this stuff.
Oh and it's summer break ya know?  Well....while baby brother takes a nap every afternoon, Grace and I watch an episode of "Toddlers and Tiaras" on Netflix.  Grace says she really really wants to be in a pageant....oh. my.  Pray for me.  And pray for the man she marries...that he is very patient and likes to shop for jewelry.

No comments: