Sunday, August 17, 2008

Grace's new "titchen"


Yesterday we all went garage-saleing (this is a verb in our family --"garage saleing"--
meaning to get in the car and try to find the BEST garage sales in our area!!) Earl is always willing to drive me around and hang out with the kids in the car while I hop out and check out the stuff people have hauled out of the garages into their driveways to sell. Yesterday he even did this WITHOUT the back up of the television in the car...Grace had lost that "privilege" earlier in the morning because she threw a fit of Grace-sized proportions. He resorted to playing "I Spy" and it worked surprisingly well...I'm telling ya, my husband gets hotter and hotter by the day. But "shhhhh" don't tell him I said that.... :) Anyway I digress. We "hit" one garage sale (You know I really should dedicate one blog to certain lingo we "garage salers" use, just to keep my readers up to speed...I will consider this when I have more time)....well, we "hit" one garage sale that had a Maya baby wrap for sale for $2!!! (Please "google" this is you don't know what a Maya baby wrap is) WHAT?!!? This is some amazing stuff people!! I snatched it up of course....it is GREAT and Sam is just happy as an African bush baby in it...You know I never put this baby down. Also found some scrapbook paper *shudder* for my mom and sister to fight over (don't worry...I'll type out an account of THAT event....and for the record, scrapbooking makes my blood pressure go up) So we moved on to another garage sale...not so hot...then another....not so hot either....I told Danny to just head to Target and that we were finished for the day. I mean I can't expect to push my luck--after all I DID find that amazing baby wrap right? Well, on the way to Target, we drove PAST another garage sale sign...I didn't even have to SAY a word, I just looked at my sweet, darling, handsome husband, he WHIPPED an illegal U-turn and we began hunting for the said garage sale. As we pulled up, there it was! The play kitchen that had been WAITING for us to take it home!! A Little Tykes play kitchen--Grace calls it a "titchen"--with pots and pans included. Marked for $35...not a bad price, but really it's 12pm and the day is wearing on...we could very possibly be the LAST customers. I offered the lady $20...she took the offer and SOLD...the Farris' are the proud new owners of a play "titchen". It sits in our REAL "titchen" and Grace hasn't stopped playing with it...The food is calorie free, and I don't have to make it...can life get any better? :)
On another, much more random note, I just looked up at the TV and the Olympics are on (I KNOW, big surprise right?) and we're watching beach volleyball (Earl watches it because the women are such AMAZING "athletes"....yeah, whatever) and WHAT IS UP with the inflatable Chinese action figure dude running around the court?? Wow...Go America...

2 comments:

Emily P said...

Pictures! We want pictures of the tichen! Tell Grace I will be back soon for dinner at "her place"! Love you yard sale Momma! Hi SamO!

Kasey said...

Yes, pictures please! You should write stories kathryn. You are so entertaining. I love the lingo you use. What is an African bush baby??? Ha.