Monday, August 4, 2008

"Mommy...are toys real?"

A couple of Grace-isms.

Today we were driving to the Sprinkler park in Liberty, MO...we have to drive through on-going construction to get just about anywhere and so Grace marvels at the huge machinery the construction workers use. "Look Mom, look! Oh that's a big one, Mom...MOM! Are you looking?!" Well today as we drove past the construction site, Grace said "I'm going to build a road to GrandTone's house. BaileyRose, Isaac, and Grandpa Trumpet are going to help me." I told her I thought that was a fantastic idea.

Earlier in the week, as I was getting her ready for bed, she looked at me and with all the seriousness in her little heart she asked "Mom, do my toys talk?" (Her new favorite movie is Toy Story 2--I'm trying to find a Jesse doll for her) I told her "Yes, baby, your toys talk...when you're not around." I love love love the innocence of childhood...I can understand when Jesus said "Let the little children come to me"--they must have been a welcome break from all the politics and crowds and questions...

1 comment:

Kasey said...

I am so glad you started a blog. I love looking at everyone's blogs. your kids are so cute. It is nice to hear from you!! what do you think of 2 kids? wait till sam and grace play together. right now mine are playing and they are speaking different languages and all I can hear right now is laughing. I love it.