Saturday, August 2, 2008

Holy Tonkey!!














That's a Grace word "Tonkey"...she has lots of them, makes 'em up, and it's quite entertaining to hear what she comes up with on any given day. One of her most used words is "Kiki"--it can be used either positively or negatively, sorta like Aloha can be used for "hello" or "goodbye". For example: If she likes the dress you have on, she will say "That dress is SO kiki" but if she doesn't like something, say a certain food or hairbow, she will say "NO! That is too kiki...I not!" Ummm...other words....well, how about "kronkee"--as in "Daddy, you're kronkee" (we think it means "grumpy"...we're not sure) There are more...but it is late, and my brain is starting to turn off...The MAIN reason for this blog is because our youngest offspring, Samuel, is on the MOVE! Holy Tonkey!! Yes, ladies and gents he can roll toward objects of his desire (mostly me) and has begun to lunge if something (mostly me) is out of reach! Tonight he was playing on a blanket in the bathroom floor (don't worry, our bathroom floors are carpeted) while I showered and I watched him roll, then roll again, then LUNGE toward his binky, grab it, and try to put it in his mouth (he didn't really succeed with that part of the "show") The baby gate at the top of the stairs is going up TOMORROW!! All right, off to indulge in ice cream...more when I have time.

1 comment:

Emily P said...

Well Grace. I am looking forward to seeing you very soon. You are soooooo kiki and maybe even a little kwandee. Only sometimes.... I love you and your crazy Momma. Kiss her for me and tell your brother to stop growing. Love Aunt Em