Saturday, December 13, 2008

As heard in a conversation between Earl and Grace (we were driving in the car at night, it was--of course--dark in the car, and Grace was trying to read her book)
Grace: "Daddy, turn on the light"
Earl: "No Grace, it's not safe to turn on the light when you're driving the car at night"
Grace: "DADDEEE...turn on the LIGHT"
Earl: "Grace, I said 'NO'"
Grace: "Daddy...I can't seeeeee...turn on the light"
This went on--back and forth, back and forth--for a good 10 minutes, then Grace pushed her daddy a bit too far and asked ONE last time...
Grace: "Dad...turn on the light...I can't see my book"
Earl: "Grace...if you ask me to turn the light on again, I will give you a swat when we get home"
**silence in the backseat**
Then...very quietly....Grace: "Hmmm...if I had a big light I could sure see this book better..."

1 comment:

Emily P said...

I love me some Grace Ellen! What a diplomat! Hang in there Gal! You're doing fine! I love you!