Wednesday, December 1, 2010

11 years ago, I bought Earl a flashlight.  It was one of those mini-maglite flashlights.  It was a present for his birthday.  We had been dating a little over a month, and I had no idea what to get for him.  I give my mom the credit.  It was her idea...she suggested I buy him a flashlight, and she offered to help me engrave his name on the handle.  Problem was, I didn't know how to spell his last name.  We tried looking in the phone book, but he was "unlisted"...11 years later?  Well, we're still unlisted...he's paranoid like that.  So I took a guess...and I guessed right!  Little did I know, someday that last name would be my last name...I was just trying to get a cool gift to impress my new boyfriend...
Earl?  Do you still have that flashlight? 
Oh...and P.S. It's Earl's birthday today...he wouldn't tell you so, but I will...He's getting sexier with age... ;)

No comments: