Sunday, September 21, 2008

And now...

And now, I'm addicted to facebook...seriously people, when will this internet addiction end?? It's not like I have BETTER things to do...but I JUST CAN'T stop typing. Walk away from the keyboard Kathryn...just WALK AWAY...WAIT--Add me as your "friend"...
On a much more GROWN-UP note: I started the "One Month to Live" book today. Our church is doing a sermon series over it and has challenged us to read the book...I like a challenge. I don't like to CHANGE so much though...soooo this will be interesting. I pray that God opens my eyes and leads me into a more fulfilling life, a life lived for TODAY and not "someday"--"someday when the bills are paid...when the kids are grown....when Earl is back in town". Right now, I just feel like I'm going through the motions, the devil "gets" me with worry. I did have an amazing "God" moment in church today. I just plain WORSHIPPED the Lord...raised my voice (almost raised my hands *gasp* but the life long Methodist within just couldn't do it...maybe NEXT week) and praised Him. It was like I was the only person in the sanctuary--haven't felt that in a long time...I guess He's always there huh? We just gotta open our hearts.

5 comments:

Renee' said...

LOL...Kathryn... just tell that Methodist inside that if Kind David could dance before the Lord in his underwear, then YOU can get a little crazy and lift those hands up past shoulder height. :-)

Renee' said...

OOPS... that is KING David, although I am sure he was probably kind too.

Toni said...

Wow! I read this with envy....What a blessing to have such a church!!

I am sure part of the handsintheair comes from yer Momma....Methodists shout and dance and raise hands, duh! It's just that SOMEtimes it "looks" rather affected when folks raise their hands....But we certainly should not judge....

I once read that Praise is actually a tangible thing. Something that is as real as the solid things you can see in your life. And we were create to praise. That's really our Only job...

So, Praise! Fill yourself up and slop it all around you.

Weird note....weird observation....Did you notice that when you are so full of the Holy Spirit, you find yourself not even hungry for food? Just something I've noted in the past....

xoxxo Momma

Emily P said...

Go Katy Bug! I have not yet gone into Facebook. I really don't even know what it is soooo..... Blogging keeps me busy enough. And get those hands up sister! Praise Him with your whole body! As long as it's genuine NEVER wonder what others will say. This is You praising Him. Everyone else has their own stuff to deal with. I love you! (You could even clap in Praise if ya really wanted! Baby steps...)

Bethany said...

I can't find you on facebook!