Friday, September 26, 2008

Being a grown up bites...

'Member my day yesterday...yah, to ice THAT lovely dog poo covered cake--the washing machine began to leak early yesterday afternoon. Fantastic. Just flippin' fantastic. Please note: I CLOTH diaper my baby...we have a messy three year old and a dog that crapped everywhere only yesterday morning...we are a ONE income family...Broken washing machines are really not good in this house. So fast forward to today...guy comes to "diagnose" the problem and tells me that the "drain plug" is leaking....blah, blah, blah..."gonna cost ya $250 to fix it and oh yeah, you have transmission fluid leaking out of the machine as well" Right...THIS cannot be a good thing. And in fact it is not..."they" (don't know who "they" is) do not "rebuild" washing machine transmissions and he suggested that WHEN (not if) the transmission goes, our best option would be to get a new washing machine. So I call Danny...we decide to pay the guy his $78 service call fee and go washing machine shopping tomorrow. I am beside myself. And please, if you're reading this, don't offer any advice or solace or words of eternal wisdom...I don't need that, I just need to write. The devil "gets" me with money...he snares me, traps me with the thought of debt (which we seem to once again be incurring now days) and financial ruin. So THAT hellish place is where I am right now...I KNOW that we are blessed, and that God is here SOMEWHERE...I just can't seem to look up from my "wallering" long enough to see EXACTLY where He is...I don't WANT a new washing machine...I want my OLD washing machine...it is paid for...Oh and have I mentioned that this is the 4th appliance we have had go to CRAP in this house? The 4th one...seriously...seriously...We have lived here LESS than a year and have already bought a new dryer and a new refrigerator...Being a grown-up bites.
P.S. The word "wallering" is NOT recognized when you do "spell check"...that's an Okie word...just FYI.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

I know you don't want comments, but I hear you, man. We're just holding our breath waiting for Jon to find a job that works with his school schedule and offers health insurance (we CAN'T have him without health insurance, even for a month). Hopefully this happens before the baby comes!

I wish you a good night's sleep and a better tomorrow. And an awesome deal on a washer.

Kathryn said...

Thanks Margaret...Isn't it amazing how a baby brings a whole new dimension and sense of urgency to life!?!

Toni said...

Omigosh! You get to get a Fisher/Pykel (sp?) washer to Match your dryer!!! It will last you thru your GRANDkids' diapers!!!

Praying for a Great Deal for you.
Hug Danny for me.

xoxoxo Momma

Emily P said...

Fischer Pykal Rocks! (sp) Go Kato and post a pic of that beast! Clean diapees here we come! I love you and I don't have any advice. Just enjoy being mad cuz something will happen that will make you smile soon enough!