Thursday, October 2, 2008

The "morning gene"

It is much too early in the morning. I married a man who ENJOYS the wee hours of the morning. He relishes in the sunrise, likes the feeling of a new day. Now, please don't get me wrong...but personally, I like the sunset and I relish in the feeling of the close of a day. We are very much opposites on this matter. But it seems that my daughter has inherited this "early riser/happy sunshine" gene from my husband...ugh. I am awake early because I am watching my neighbor's little boy all week--by the way, setting your alarm is WAY overrated. I am on the computer because it is all I can do to function at this hour of the morning and it takes extreme effort to simply bring my coffee cup to my mouth. But as I sit here, I am listening to the deep conversation Grace and Earl are having in the back bedroom. He is packing for a business trip, and she is sitting on our bed discussing the mysteries of the world. I have no idea the details of their conversation, but their voices sound like music...and I am thanking God for a man that is a wonderful daddy to my babies....even this early in the morning. Oh, and I THINK that Sam may have gotten MY "morning stinks" gene...perhaps it will all even out.

3 comments:

Toni said...

I love the picture.
Drink your coffee and let the morning take care of itself. There are other people who can manage the mornings for you Most of the time. I love you so good. xoxoxo

Kasey said...

Love it!!! You have the cutest. family! I love your rationale about kids. Maybe it will keep me from having number 3.

Margaret said...

Aw, c'mon Katie! The sun doesn't rise in the "wee" hours of the morning! It rises in the normal, comfortable hours of the morning! ;) I often see the sunrise - not necessarily because I long for it, but because I was born a morning person. My brain turns off at 10. (And lately, my heartburn wakes up around 4 ... but I hear that's almost over.)

Also, reading about Grace and her daddy chatting in the morning makes me daydream about my little guy and Jon having their own little private conversations. Thanks for the lovely picture. :)